Woke up this morning to another threat of severe weather including damaging winds, possible tornados, (oh yea), and hail for Oklahoma City this afternoon. Go figure. Some of you have already had your car’s hail damage repaired from the hail storm last month! I surely do love OKC but come on.
In today’s blog, I will be going over some simple preparation steps you can take to protect your vehicle from another round of storms.
Power tip: Don’t wait. Do it now. I have seen the sky open up out of NOWHERE and dump hail the size of golf balls. No warning, no scary sky, just bam. Even 2 minutes of golfball-sized hail will do a serious number on your vehicle panels.
- Home garages, carports, and barns. If you have any of these and work from home, stop what you are doing and move your vehicles to shelter.
- Tell a friend, family member, or coworker. Maybe you live next to an older couple or you know that your son or daughter might be trying to have an R&R day – walk next door or pick up the phone and let them know there is a severe weather threat.
- Parking garages. If you work downtown, here are a few you could check out. See more here.
- Arts Garage – 431 W. Main -$2 per hr. / $10 24 hr.
- Century Center – 100 W. Main – $2 per hr. / $10 24 hr.
- Sheridan/Walker – 501 W. Sheridan – $2 per hr. / $10 24 hr.
- Convention Center – 15 SW 4th -$2 per hr. / $10 24 hr.
- Bricktown Parking Garage – 222 East Sheridan Avenue – $4 per day (Book spot online!)
- Gas Stations. If you are already out and about, pulling into a gas station and hiding out under a gas station awning works in a pinch.
- Comprehensive insurance coverage. Quite literally, the best “coverage” you could have if you live in the Oklahoma City area. Comprehensive covers the cost to repair auto hail damage 100%. Nothing like being prepared!
- DIY last resort stuff. Car mats, heavy blankets (moving blankets are great), cardboard boxes, area rugs, and bungee cords. You’ve probably seen some funny pictures on social media of people doing this but if you’re in a pinch, who cares what it looks like? I mean, you might even go viral!
Where to Find Us
OKLAHOMA CITY AUTO HAIL REPAIR EXPERTS
13841 N Lincoln Blvd, Edmond, OK 73013
Hours of Operation:
Monday-Friday 9am-6pm, Saturday 9am-1pm, Closed Sunday.